Many clients and colleagues are surprised to learn that we offer comprehensive Estate Settlement and Trust Management Services. Ofien these times are very stressful for families, and we offer a steady hand to provide a seamless and integrated approach to managing the estate settlement process and post-death trust administration. We understand the intricacies and sensitivities involved in these processes and can guide you through this important journey with compassion, expertise, and coordination with your other professionals.
Some Key Components:
1. Collaboration with Attorneys and Accountants:
• Our collaboration streamlines the process, reducing duplication of efforts, thus saving time and resources.
• Working together with attorneys and CPAs, we ensure that all compliance requirements are met, and the estate and trust administration both adhere to the rules and the intentions of the family.
2. Asset Valuation and Management
• Assessment of asset values within the estate and trust, including referrals to qualified appraisers, whether that be for art, antiques, real estate, or business interests.
• Informed investment decisions to optimize trust assets and reduce taxes when possible.
3. Beneficiary Coordination and Distribution Management
• Facilitating timely and accurate asset distribution as per the deceased's wishes and trust terms.
• Often times beneficiaries and stakeholders need to be educated as to what is possible per the terms of the trust; we provide regular communication to keep all parties informed, ensuring transparency and building trust in the process.
4. Accounting, Tax and Reporting Requirements
• Helping you maintain meticulous financial records and providing accurate accounting to executors, trustees, and beneficiaries.
• Handling coordination of all tax-related matters, including estate and inheritance tax filings.
• Educating trustees/stakeholders on tax effects of various decisions so they can make informed choices.
Contact us today to learn more about our integrated approach, how we charge for this service, and the related cost savings we can provide by avoiding duplication, omission, or the most frequent and costly mistake we see—procrastination. The estate settlement process is generally not a do-it-yourself activity, and we wanted to ensure you know we are here to assist you and your loved ones.
Disclosure: We do not practice law or prepare legal documents or tax returns. is information is not intended to be a substitute for specific individualized tax or legal advice. We work with qualified tax or
legal advisors when coordinating the above-mentioned services.